Dragonfly Wedding Venue in Southern Illinois
There are so many Southern Illinois wedding venues to choose from, but Dragonfly Wedding Venue is one of a kind. Dragonfly Wedding Venue is located in Herrin Illinois. If You’re getting married and you want a super special place for your wedding ceremony and reception. You want open space, a country and rustic style , and to still be close to home (aka. you and your guests don't need to drive 2 hours home in the middle of the night. Sound like you? Then get ready for a Southern Illinois best kept secret. You want Dragonfly Wedding Venue. At Dragonfly Wedding Venue, you have many awesome selections when you choose where is your ceremony site. You can either decide to have an outdoor ceremony at the enhanced forest or lakeside. As a Southern Illinois Wedding Photographer, I understand the weather can be unpredictable. Therefore, having a backup indoor ceremony site is the must. At Dragonfly Wedding Venue, they offer covered pavilion with stone fireplace if you prefer indoor. They provide endless possibilities!
WHEN I THINK OF A DRAGONFLY WEDDING VENUE,
I THINK CHARMING, ROMANTIC AND TIMELESS.
OK. so why Dragonfly Wedding Venue? I am going to share my top 5 reasons to love this place.
1. Location ! Location ! Location ! It's in the center of the town. It is about less than 2 miles away from Herrin downtown, 5 miles away from main highway 57, but surely be quiet enough and away from everybody for you and your guests enjoying laugh and music without complaints by the neighbors.
2. Saturday packages includes 2 night stay at the cottage, which includes 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. So you and your wedding party can stay there the day before and after your wedding day. The cottage is homey and spacious for everybody to get ready. After the day, you are exhausted. You can go straight to bed from the dance floor without worrying how to get back home.
3. A brand new groom getting ready room. We know most of the time we focus on bride getting ready more than groom. But at Dragonfly Weeding Venue, they create a space for groom and groomsmen to get ready and have fun.
4. Without hidden price in the packages!!!! This is very important! I believe you are looking for a wedding venue because you are reading this article. Have you had other venues that send you a 20 pages PDF about their package, but you still have no idea how much it is going to cost? And you got overwhelmed by so many decisions you need to make. Why does booking a venue need to be that complicated? At Dragonfly wedding venue, they make it easy for you. Plus you will have an amazing and professional coordinator, Ana to be with you from start to finish. I promise you will like her if you ever meet her. She is just super sweet. I also have seen some venues that don't allow any outside vendors or catering. But this is not the case at Dragonfly Wedding Venue. This is your wedding. It should be up to you who you want to hire.
5. Flexibility and kids friendly. As mentioned above, you can hire your photographer, your florist, and catering without any restriction by the venue. They have a few grills there, so if you want to cook hot dogs or steaks by yourself, you surely can. When you rent the venue, you have all the flexibility of using the space. You can bring outdoor games for the guests and even a giant bouncy house for the kids! While adults have fun on the dance floor, kids can play in the bouncy house to run off the energy. This place makes you feel like home.
So you’re already in love with the venue, but you’ve got a few logistical questions. Let’s talk about the top 3 FAQ that may help you with your planning process!
What price range should be expected to have my wedding at the Dragonfly Wedding Venue?
It's estimated that $6450 during peak season (from April -October) including 2 stay in the cottage and $ 4450 during off season( November to March). BUT Sunday wedding is so much affordable!!! It's only $ 2650 for peak season. If you have limited budget, you may think about having your wedding on Sunday.
Are there accommodations to stay and get ready?
Yes! The Dragonfly wedding venue has a nice cute cottage, so you, your party, and family can come stay before or after the wedding! There is also a bridal suite and grooms suite to get ready the day of the wedding, and to relax.
How many guests can I have?
With both indoor and outdoor venue options you will have flexibility for a smaller event, or a larger one. 300 is maximum capacity for seated and standing events!
Of course, this won’t answer all of your questions! Please feel free to contact me, your future wedding photographer and friend, if you have any other questions.
I’m happy to help you navigate the planning process, and to even recommend a few great vendors to also help along the way.
Planning your wedding, but feel overwhelmed? I totally understand. Then you may be interested in this post to help you with planning your wedding. Click HERE